THE PIEZOGRAPHY LimitEd Fine Art Print on Paper
What is Piezography?
Where conventional systems use 3 different levels of gray, Piezography uses 7 levels of gray.
Each of the 7 levels of gray is absolutely neutral and it is the choice of paper that determines the tone of the print.
Piezotone inks have a fade rate at least 3 times lower than Epson Ultrachrome inks.
When comparing a Piezography fine art print to a conventional print, the difference in terms of resolution and detail in favor of the Piezography process is clearly noticeable. This is due to the high number of different gray levels.
The Piezography fine art print uses 3 times more different grays than the other systems, which allows an extreme finesse at the level of gradations and also allows to find much more details at the level of low and high lights.
Laurence Saunois chose to work with a French company for the realization of its art prints.
A Piezography is a limited edition print:
The artist is free to choose the number of prints of his work to be considered a work of art. This number should not exceed 30 copies. Laurence Saunois has chosen a number of prints of 25 copies.
Each print must bear a number indicating the total number of the series and the number of the print (for example: 5/25 for the fifth print of a series that will not have more than 25 prints in total), as well as the handwritten signature of the artist, attesting to the authenticity of the print. This numbering assures you that there will be no other prints made of the work once the last number of the series is reached.
What is the Digigraphy process and how is it implemented?
Here is the process of creating a Piezography?
- The original artworks are scanned and digitized in very high definition in a French laboratory by professionals who regularly work for museums and institutions.
- Colorimetric retouching allows us to match the colors of the original work with the colors of the digital file. Technical constraints such as white balance, contrast, and light are adjusted in order to have the best possible color match.
- Then comes the test phase where the last adjustments are made according to the desired support (paper)
- Finally the final prints can be printed and prepared for sale.
- Each art print is checked by him, signed and numbered. The signature is present twice. The first is the artist's signature on the original printed work. The second one is affixed, on the back of the paper, by the artist's hand next to the numbering.
Each art print is Artrust certified and sold with a certificate of authenticity and an invoice.
What are the advantages of Piezography?
- high quality art prints ;
- limited editions of 25 copies;
- art prints with the title of work of art;
- prints with a value on the art market;
- art prints signed, numbered and certified by Artust;
- an acquisition cost lower than the original work;
- art prints sold with a certificate of authenticity.
- The first sealed (silver) is affixed to the back of the work.
- The second sealed (gold) is glued to the certificate of authenticity and return to the buyer.
- The third seal (blue) is retained by the artist.
- Each seal consists of a Bubble Tag ™ and a serial number. The Bubble Tag ™ is a small plastic tab containing visible air bubbles. The position, size and even the depth of these bubbles in the tongue is a coincidence and therefore not reproducible even by the manufacturer itself.
- Once positioned, it can not be removed without destroying the sealed. It can only certify a single work with a sealed set.
The ARTrust certification is forgery-proof.
The first seal (silver) is affixed to the back of the work.
The second seal (golden) is glued to the certificate of authenticity and returns to the buyer.
The third seal (blue) is kept by the artist for archiving purposes.
I take quality very seriously. That's why I choose to make art prints on demand after the order has been placed, to avoid any storage problems and also to avoid unnecessary handling of the art prints. For these reasons, there is a delay of 2 to 3 weeks between the customer's order and delivery to the customer's home. Thank you for your understanding.