To order a Wildlife drawing or painting ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW TO ORDER FROM THE ARTIST
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT WILDLIFE ANIMAL DRAWING OR PAINTING COMMISSION
- What photographic reference for a drawing or painting of a wild animal?
And if I don't have in stock what you want, I can do some research with specialized animal photographers, contact them to know if I can use one of their photographs as a reference. If the photographer accepts, I make a contract of transfer of right to the image to frame his remuneration and the use of his photography. I do not use photographs taken on the net without the agreement of the photographer(s). Some artists do it. I do not. It is a question of respect for the work of others. Indeed, it's never nice to see your work used without permission.
You may also have spotted a photograph on the internet that you like. In this case, it's the same thing. I make researches to know its author and I take care of the rights to the image.
- Which composition for a drawing or a painting of a wild animal?
- How much does it cost to make a drawing or a painting of a wild animal?
- As you have seen in the previous answers, there is the search for the reference photograph and the possible payment of a photographer, but also the research of compositions.
- Another reason is that I am represented by galleries in the United States and in France and that my rates (excluding pets) must be aligned with gallery prices. I have to keep my prices consistent with my clients and collectors who have already purchased some of my artwork at a certain price. That's what makes the price of an artist outside auction houses