Woodcock feather Drawing - DOUCE
"Douce" - Drawing made with woodcock feathers - 30 cm x 40 cm
she is magnificently beautiful, too beautiful
Bravo for the packaging, it gave the impression of matriochkas, it was very well protected, moreover, at the unpacking I had 2 colleagues present who exclaimed of admiration before your work.
Thank you again Mrs. Saunois, I am so happy and you were a thousand times right, it is even more beautiful than on the various photos that you could send me.
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you".
Video showing the complete process
This video has been accelerated more than 1000 times to give you 7 mm 30 of film. The drawing required several dozen hours of work.
To give you an idea of the real speed, the initials of the artist's name were filmed at normal speed. To see at the end of the video.
Very good viewing and discovery.
"Dare Dare", Quick Analysis of a Work of Art:
For this realization, the artist chose to use several shades of brown to give depth to the hairs. She worked in successive layers, going from the lightest to the darkest shades. For this design, several feathers were needed even if only two were placed under the signature. The others were put with the certificate of authenticity.
What's the woodcock painter's feather ?
The painter's feather comes from the wing of the woodcock. It is a small pointed feather in the shape of a spearhead, flexible and rigid at the same time. It is also called a brush or a surremige. In the Middle Ages, it was used to make illuminations. Each nib is unique in the way it behaves and leaves no room for error. Because of its fragility, each quill can only be used for a small area. On each work of art are the feathers that were used to make the drawing.
Animal Painter and Woman Artist :
Laurence Saunois is a realistic and even hyper-realistic animal artist. Her oil paintings are studied to emphasize her subjects and her symbols. Often behind each painting, there is a story: an encounter, an observation, a moment of emotion.
Do not hesitate to contact her. She will be at your disposal to guide you and inform you about any specific request or order.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ORDERS :
- How do you order the painter's pen drawing of your pet? It's very simple, just contact the artist. She will give you all the information you need to order your drawing. She will tell you how to proceed. First, you can send her photos and she will tell you which one she thinks is the best to make a drawing with the painter's pen. Not all photos are suitable for a drawing with this very specific technique. Some elements can be modified, others added to give the best possible result.
- Can I order a painting even if I don't live in the same area as the artist? Of course you can. Thanks to the Internet and the telephone, everything can be done remotely.
- Can I pay in installments? Yes, you can pay your order in several installments. In principle, the payment is made in two steps with a deposit of 30% at the order and the balance when the drawing is completed. But, you can also, if you wish, pay in 4 times by checks made out to the ANIMAL ARTIST Laurence Saunois or with Paypal where a payment in 4 times is possible (see the terms)
- How long does it take to make a drawing with a painter's feather? The realization of a drawing with bird feathers requires time. The drawing is done square centimeter by square centimeter. This technique leaves no room for error and therefore the painter advances slowly. The deadlines of realization also take into account the orders in progress.
- Will I be kept informed of the progress of my order? Yes, throughout the realization of your drawing with the painter's pen, the artist sends you by e-mail photos of the progress. You will be able to see the progress of your order.
- How does the delivery work? Once your drawing is finished, Laurence Saunois organizes the delivery by setting a date that suits you. She takes care of the packaging that will protect your work and will contact the carrier. You will receive your package with your artwork as soon as possible.